Sunday, November 10, 2013
Fall (and Spring!) Window Cleaning
This is the time of year I like to get the outside of our windows cleaned ~ not too hot and not too cold. I missed all last year due to pregnancy and new baby. We don't really have many trees around our house, but we do get a ton of pollen, and the windows get filmy and cloudy on the outside. My method is simple and quick: newspapers and a water/vinegar mix.
One gallon of warm water plus 1/2 cup of white vinegar is a solution I've used. The newspapers work well with leaving no streaks. Stay away from colored ink, such as the comics section, and note that your hands may get black on them. I also use them for all my glass inside the house. This is the best cleaner I've found.
Don't forget to take the screens off and brush them with a broom or, if you're feeling ambitious, use a rag with soapy water and wash. One more tip: avoid washing windows when the sun is hot and shining. The window cleaner will dry too fast and you will end up with streaking.
Labels:
Homekeeping
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I was hoping you had something to say! Thank you for your comments.